Brixham Holiday Park is situated on a slope. Access to the holiday park is down a hill. The beach is down a steep slope. The town is accessible by road or a coastal path, which is again on a slope.
- Telephone number for Brixham Holiday Park is 01803 853324.
- Public transport. British Rail stop at Paignton, you then can get a taxi outside the station or bus number 12 into Brixham. You then taxi to the Holiday Park which is about 2 miles.
- Walking to the Holiday Park is up a hill so therefore a taxi is advised.
- There is a shop on site for essential provisions.
- Nearest shop-mobility is Brixham which hire wheelchairs etc.
- Brixham Holiday Park has one unit with a wet room, and the majority of units on site have a walk in shower with a small step into the shower itself.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- There is car parking on the Holiday Park. We provide parking close to the customer’s accommodation as possible. We have one large car park and the rest is around the site on the end of the rows or in front of the units.
- There are no designated parking spaces. We do provide reserved parking for customers who are blue badge holders. There is a limit to the amount of reserved parking. Car parking is free.
- We do provide assistance to the accommodation for customers if they so wish.
- The road is tarmac and paths are concrete. To the majority of the units the paths are quite flat and smooth.
- The Holiday Park is well lit at night.
- Some of the accommodation has steps to them.
- We can provide ramps where there are one or two steps.
- Useful telephone numbers are at hand opposite the reception office.
- Signs are clear and medium size.
Main entrance and reception
- There is only one entrance to the reception and one step into the reception.
- There is one extra key to each accommodation at a refundable charge of £5.00
- There is seating available in reception.
- Customers will be escorted to accommodation if requested.
- Entrance to accommodation is normal with UPVC door and normal width caravan door.
- Opening hours for reception are 9.am – 5 pm and closed for lunch 1pm – 2pm.
- When reception is closed customers can go to the clubhouse and a member of staff will be called instantly to attend.
- The manager is on call 24 hours a day. The phone number is displayed outside of reception.
- Brixham Holiday Park brochure is on a stand in reception.
- All tourist information is inside reception.
Public areas – general (internal)
- The majority of accommodation is on ground floor. There are two blocks of Apartments that have a first floor and these have stairs to them with a handrail.
- Dogs are welcome everywhere on the holiday park with the exception of the swimming pool area and the Children’s play area.
- All accommodation is carpet except the bathroom and kitchen areas.
- The Holiday Park is well lit.
- Entrance to the Clubhouse has a ramp and double doors.
- The swimming pool has steps for the main entrance but we do have a door that can be used by a disabled user which is on the flat.
- The swimming pool does not have a hoist.
- The Launderette area is flat.
Public areas – WC
- The reception is located just inside the entrance to the Holiday Park.
- There are WC for men and women’s opposite the swimming pool.
- The toilets do not have grab rails or seat adjuster.
Restaurant/dining area, bar and take-away
- There is a ramp up to the Clubhouse and is well lit. Double doors on the entrance.
- Seating in the clubhouse is movable. No chairs have arms.
- Menus are on the table and are printed in a font size 18 or more
- There is a veranda used as a smoking area. Also a smoking area at the side of the Clubhouse.
- The food is waitress service.
- The WC is situated in the side of the clubhouse. We do not have grab rails.
- There is a ramp on one side to the entrance of the clubhouse.
- The Clubhouse is situated opposite the reception.
- The laundry is at the top of the Holiday Park.
- There are no steps into the Laundry.
- There are two tumble driers, which are front loading.
- Lighting is clear and bright.
- The shop is situated inside the Clubhouse.
- There is a ramp and double doors to go in the area where the shop is located.
- Assistance is available if required.
- The prices are clearly displayed.
- Counter height is usual height.
First aid and treatment room
- The First Aid room is located at the rear of the reception area.
- All staff are first Aid trained.
- The swimming pool has a ramp entrance if required.
- The swimming pool does not have a hoist into the pool.
- There is a WC near the swimming pool entrance.
- There are two changing rooms. A seat is situated in each cubicle.
- There are no grab rails in the pool area.
- There is seating all around the pool area.
- The only outdoor facilities are a children’s play area which is on a slight slope.
- The play area has bark on the ground.
- The outdoor toddler’s pool has steps into the pool.
- There is one accommodation that may suitable for wheelchair users.
- The Holiday Park is on a slope.
- All accommodation is carpeted except the bathroom and kitchen area.
Bathroom, shower room
- There is one accommodation that has a shower-room which a wheelchair can be pushed into.
- There is no step into this shower.
- The floor of this particular unit is non-slip.
- The kitchen in all units is within the property.
- All accommodation has a fridge with a small freezer compartment.
Caravans, chalets and apartments
- Televisions are free view and have DVD and remote controlled.
- Some accommodation has bedside lamps and some have switches above the headboard.
- All accommodation is electric and has convector heaters.
- All units have showers. Twenty five units consisting of nine one bedroom and fifteen two bedroom and one three bedroom have a bath also.
- All accommodation has carpet except the bathroom and kitchen areas which are vinyl.
- Inside reception on display are a lot of attraction leaflets.
Grounds and gardens
- Brixham Holiday Park is on a slope.
- There is good lighting all over the park.
- The paths are concrete.
- The play area is on a slight slope.
- The ground area on the play park is covered in bark. There is a grass area at the side.
- The grounds are mainly lawn with shrubs and garden areas.
- In every accommodation there is information telling the customer where to go and what to do in case of fire. There is also a plan of the Holiday Park a fire blanket and smoke alarm in every holiday home.
- In every accommodation there is a folder full of information and informing the customer where to go and what to see in Torbay and the surrounding area. Also what is wheelchair friendly.
- Dogs are not allowed into some accommodation, Dogs are not allowed on the beds and furniture.
- Mobile phones can usually get a good reception somewhere on the Holiday Park
- Staff is willing and helpful to ALL customers.
- In case of emergency the Manager is on call 24 hours a day by ‘phone during the night’.
- Address: Fishcombe Cove, Brixham, Devon. TQ5 8RB
- Telephone 01803 853324
- Email: email@example.com
- Website: www.brixhamholidaypark.co.uk
- Hours of office opening is 9.am – 5 pm and closed for lunch 1pm – 2pm.
- Emergency number 07809735474
- Local accessible taxi number:01803 853000