There are so many reasons to choose holidays in South Devon – from the stunning scenery and outstanding natural beauty to the top quality family attractions on offer. If you’ve never visited this beautiful region before then you really are missing out…
Our South Devon holiday park is the perfect base from which you can see all the South Devon region of Torbay and the English Riviera has to offer.
If you’re unsure exactly what you can see and do nearby, we’ve put together a guide to all the great reasons why you should choose holidays in South Devon!
Outstanding natural beauty
If there’s one thing holidays in South Devon offer in abundance it’s the chance to explore the great outdoors in all its glory. Brixham Holiday Park is perfectly located for you to see some of the region’s finest scenery
- One such place nearby is Berry Head, which boasts 200ft limestone cliffs. On a clear day a walk out to this striking coastal feature is a must.
- Kent’s Cavern is another natural marvel, which is only a short distance from our South Devon holiday park. It is one of Europe’s top prehistoric caves. It has an extensive network of accessible caverns and is rightly a popular visitor attraction.
The beach life
If you enjoy nothing more than relaxing on a beach, soaking up the summer sun, then a visit to South Devon really has to be high on your list. We are surrounded by so many glorious beaches. Here’s some of our favourites…
- Fishcombe Cove is just 150 yards from Brixham Holiday Park and this small beach is perfect for sunbathing, swimming and relaxing! It’s so close to our accommodation that you and your family might just become regulars here!
- Shoalstone beach is close to Brixham’s outdoor sweater pool and is pet friendly too! There’s toilets and a café nearby too
- Goodrington Sands is a sandy beach lover’s idea of heaven! It has a long stretch of golden sand, perfect for families wanting to have fun or couples preferring to lie back and soak up some rays…
- Holidays in South Devon really aren’t complete without a visit to picturesque Dartmoor. If you love walking then Dartmoor is for you. It is a landscape of breathtaking natural beauty – a true isolated and unspoilt wilderness!
Explore the wider Torbay region
The Torbay region is made up of many picturesque coastal villages and larger towns, two of which are extremely popular for visitors…
- Torquay is only a short drive from our South Devon holiday park. This busy coastal resort is blessed with beautiful beaches and top family attractions. It has a popular nightlife scene too, with plenty of cafes, restaurants, bars and clubs to keep you entertained.
- Paignton is only 20 minutes from our park and has great beaches and a wide range of amenities. It’s also home to the award-winning Paignton Zoo!
- Dartmouth, although not officially part of the Torbay region, is only a short distance from our park and has to be on your to-do list! This picture-postcard town is a joy to walk around, with its narrow streets and pretty harbour.
Walk the coast path
- A walk along the South West Coast Path from Brixham to Babbacombe takes in a stuning stretch of coastline. You won’t fail to notice the extraordinary geology along the coastline as the Path passes around the limestone peninsula of Berry Head and wave cut platforms of red sandstone at Shoalstone.
Top family attractions
The South Devon region boasts some of the South West’s best family attractions – from waterparks to steam railways! Here’s a few of our favourites…
- Paignton Zoo is home to thousands of amazing animals and plants. Here you can explore the many different environments, from the desert to the forest!
- See the world recreated in miniature at Babbcombe Model Village. This attraction is home to thousands of model buildings and people that captures the essence of England’s past.
- Living Coasts aquarium in Torquay is a must visit. This world class aquatic attraction allows you to get up close and personal to fish, penguins, otters and seals!
- The Dartmouth Steam Railway from Paignton is the holiday line with steam trains running for seven miles in Great Western tradition along the spectacular Torbay coast to Churston and through the wooded slopes bordering the Dart estuary to Kingswear.
- Get ready for some wild rides and great family fun at Woodlands Theme Park! The largest family theme park in the South West, Woodlands is a great day out for the whole family.